Read that earlier this morning....looks like the "finger" is pointing at her!
SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The woman who claimed she found a well-manicured finger in her bowl of Wendy's chili last month was arrested Thursday night in Las Vegas, police said.
Anna Ayala was taken into custody at her home, San Jose police spokesman Enrique Garcia said. He said police would not give any details until a news conference Friday afternoon. Las Vegas police also refused to comment.
The arrest is the latest twist in the bizarre case about how the 11/2-inch fingertip ended up in a bowl of fast-food chili.
Ayala told police she found the finger March 22 while eating at a Wendy's in San Jose. She said she intended to sue but relented, claiming the publicity was too emotionally taxing.
When police and health officials failed to find any missing digits among the workers involved in the restaurant's supply chain, suspicion fell on Ayala, whose story has become a late-night punch line.
Ayala has a litigious history. She has filed claims against several corporations, including a former employer and General Motors, though it is unclear from court records whether she received any money. She said she got $30,000 from El Pollo Loco after her 13-year-old daughter got sick at one of the chain's Las Vegas-area restaurants. El Pollo Loco officials say she did not get a dime.
Earlier Thursday, Ohio-based Wendy's International Inc. announced it had ended its internal investigation, saying it could find no credible link between the finger and the restaurant chain.
All the employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.
Sales have dropped at franchises in Northern California, forcing layoffs and reduced hours, the company said. Wendy's also has hired private investigators, set up a hot line for tips and offered a $100,000 reward for anyone who provides information leading to the finger's original owner.
Read that earlier this morning....looks like the "finger" is pointing at her!
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Where do you suppose she got a 1.5" finger?
They tested it - it is the real deal...
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
No offense, but wasn't anybody else a little suspicious. Come on, unless they ran out of spoons, and gave her the ladel they dip it out of the pot with, wouldn't you see the finger. Much less open your mouth wide enough for the finger to go in without noticing it until you bit down.
This woman has a history of this and needs to be locked up, or fined, for her actions.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I will admit it was a odd.
But one question. Where did she get the finger?
And yes she is well known for this.
I used to eat (notice the operative word is "used") Wendy's Chili on a regular basis and yes, it would be hard not to notice something that big with those small spoons they give you.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
I read, or saw on the news, one report where that she may have removed the finger from a dead aunt I believe. That in itself is a pretty eerie thing.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I've eaten there myself. And not had a lot of problems. Only time i stopped, was when i was away from this area and a sign was up stating a warning about, something to do with someone who may prepare food, being infected with something?
Been quite a while so i can't even remember what the deal was, but that one restuarant, had to place the sign due to regulations.
But i still wonder where this woman got the finger. I mean yes it was odd and to be that large, but i still wonder where she got the finger from. Notice there is not mention of that in the news release of her arrest.
I heard they were also investigating a woman nearby who lost her finger at a zoo in a leopard attack, thinking it may have been connected.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Wow. Well that would make sense. I wonder how intact the finger was? Possibly for finger prints?
Yeah i know that sounds gross. But it's also pretty bad, to do something like this for financial gain.
And this woman does have a history of doing things like this. So honestly not as gross as it may sound.
Bookmarks